Come on down, and take part in the LAN over a full two days! Bring your own computer and play multiplayer games with those around you, or take part in tournaments, contests, or a quiz - there are prizes to be won...
No PC? Don't worry! We'll be running a wide range of party games across the two days, such as the Jackbox Party Pack collection.
The full details will be provided soon, so keep an eye out.
To attend you must reserve a seat at the LAN through warwick.gg. It's free to attend! Your desk space will have enough room for a standard keyboard and medium sized mouse mat and space for up to and including a single 30" external screen.
What to bring
If you're attending the LAN you'll need to bring the following:
- Your PC/Games console
- A screen, keyboard & mouse/controller, headset
What we provide
- Power strips (two outlets per space)
- Ethernet cables
- Wifi access
- No sleeping - it's not comfortable and a safety hazard.
- No alcohol - alcohol and computers never mix.
- No speakers - It's a room full of people playing games, bring headphones.
- No torrenting - The university's Internet usage policy is still in effect!
- Be nice - if someone's making you uncomfortable, seek out a member of the exec.
- It is recommended that you bring and wear a face covering for the duration you are at the event.
- Hand sanitiser and wipes will be available and their use will be strongly encouraged. All shared surfaces and controllers will be sanitised before and after every use.
- A thermometer is on hand to check attendee's temperature on arrival.
- We strongly encourage you to complete a lateral flow test before arriving, and have the NHS Covid-19 app installed and active.
- Event attendees will be asked to sign in on arrival and provide their email address in the event an attendee later tests positive and we need to trace contacts.
If you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell, please do not come in-person. We'll also be around in Discord so feel free to hang out here too. If you test positive after attending the event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM one of the exec on Discord.
Please note that although there'll be CompSoc exec members in the room at all time throughout the LAN to supervise, anything you bring is still at your own risk.